Stephanie's Reviews > Nice to Come Home To

Nice to Come Home To by Rebecca Flowers

Jan 06, 2010

Read in January, 2010

This is a nice take on chick lit for a change. Finally we aren't reading about women who have shopping addictions or desperately want to get married (don't get me wrong, I enjoy those too every once in a while). Pru seemed like such a real person. Sometimes she seemed like, well, me (minus the fact that i am not 36 unemployed and single). She made me actually take a step back and examine myself, because I saw so many of my own qualities in her, particularly the ones I don't like about myself. She's hyper-organized, dislikes and is afraid of wilderness, tries to change the men she dates (I absolutely do not do this) and also tries to control every situation. Despite these things she is also incredibly caring, intelligent and kind. Almost all of the characters are like-able with the exception of a few. Patsy drove me absolutely mad. She's so needy and spoiled and irresponsible. I felt no remorse for her. Other than her everyone else is pretty great. I found the ending to be sweet and appropriate. Over all a lovely, easy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nice to Come Home To.

01/10/2010 page 57
17.59% "I'm off to a slow start, but so far it's sweet."

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Cat (new)

Cat Do you think I could borrow this from you after? It's honestly been on my wishlist for over a year but I never got the nerve to buy it and could never remember the title or author when I was in the store. ;)

Stephanie LOL never got the nerve to buy it hmmm? Yes of course you can. I like it so far, it's sweet while not being too blatantly "chick-lit-y".