Marci's Reviews > The Lost Symbol

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Jan 15, 10

Read in January, 2010

Wow. Now I understand why I saw everybody on the bus reading the DaVinci Code a few years back. He keeps you in suspense from page 2. I absolutely loved this book and all of the amazing information about codes and symbols and history of our Nation's Capitol. This book gave me the desire to go visit DC for something other than their zoo (Which is fabulous). So many great quotes: "truth...Maybe there is a universal truth embedded in everyone's soul. Maybe we all have the same story hiding inside, like a shared constant in our DNA. Maybe this collective truth is responsible for the similarity in all of our stories.....Perhaps the truth is not learned by us, but rather, the truth is re-called...re-membered...re-cognized...as that which is already inside us....we are in that narrow window of time during which we will bear witness to our ultimate renaissance. After millennia of darkness, we will see our sciences, our minds, and even our religions unveil the truth." "A wise man once told me..the only difference between you and God is that you have forgotten you are divine."

I especially loved the comparison of the temple description from the Bible and comparing it to the brain - "It's built in two parts - an outer part called the dura mater and the inner part called the pia mater. THese two parts are separated by the arachnoid - a veil of weblike tissue." I was also fascinated by the "explanation" of manna as the waxlike substance produced by the brain during meditation.

Great food for thought. I love books like this. More, more, more!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Symbol.

01/06/2010 page 26