Samantha The Escapist's Reviews > Fallen

3119053
Feb 03, 10

bookshelves: barely-finished, dull
Read in January, 2010

I read this right after Hush Hush and while it is a little less like Twilight and everything about this story seems like it should be better (less cliche, less predictable, actual original ideas etc.) it's just not. I think most of the characters were pretty tedious and as always the readers seem to just not deserve an explanation of the characters' motives. Now to be fair, not understanding why the characters do what they're doing is a big part of the story line, she just didn't find a way to still make the story interesting.

Fallen, like so many other stories, is plagued by a heroin with no real personality traits so the reader (presumably a dull, average girl without a thought in her brain that isn't about boys) can relate to her. And of course this book spends about 300 pages trying to coax along our moronic heroin and help her to understand what we've all pieced together in the prologue.

The ideas in this story aren't bad. I even quite like the premise, it just took forever getting there and it really wasn't worth the time. Now that the worthwhile plot has begun (maybe 30 pages before the end) I imagine the series will get a lot better, but after this abysmal first installment I just don't want to read any more of it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.