Alusha's Reviews > The Host

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Jun 26, 10

bookshelves: supernatural, alusha-2010
Read in June, 2010

I'm still not worming up with this book... and it was very confusing in the beginning... hope its gonna get better soooooon!

I finally finished this book after almost six months, I got an audio book of it from a friend, otherwise I don't think I would have finished it! Unfortunately I didn't really warm up to the story, sometimes it was gripping like when she tried to help, but over all I wasn't really into the book.
I don't really know how to rate this book so I guess I'll give it a two stars...
One thing I liked in the book, that was the character of Ion, I think that was the only reason I kept reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Host.

01/06/2010 page 98
06/25/2010 page 280
45.0% "This is the most boring book I have ever read... not even the audio book is making it any more interesting!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Evil Twin One (Ange) Stick with it. It does get a lot better. I didn't like it at first either. I absolutely loved it in the end.

Alusha I will :) Just cos Stepeny wrote it, but I forgot it on my parents house in Germany over christmas, I live in Irelnad... so have to wait :P

message 3: by Petra (new)

Petra I have this on my "to read" list. Would you recommend it or should I just wait for the movie?

Alusha Are they making a movie of it???
Well I read almost 100 pages and to be honest I had to put it away at least 8 times, cos it was so boring... and it may not be my type of book, but cos I like Stepheny, I ll finish it eventually...

But than Angela says it gets better... and it's a really big book!!! So give it a go :)

message 5: by Petra (last edited Feb 02, 2010 03:36PM) (new)

Petra Yeah, the rights for it were bought last year. The same person who wrote the screenplay for "The Truman Show" and "The Terminal" will be directing it.

message 6: by Petra (new)

Petra I read that you forgot your copy by your parents. Here is a link where you can download the book as a pdf if want to.

The Host

Alusha Thanx alot :) But I do like actually reading books (when I buy them) cos I have so many pdf myself. But would you like any pdf, let me know :) I have a huge collection... :)

Sharing is caring :)

P.S. Where abouts in Germany are you from??

Marie Gullickson It's almost like it gets really interesting then really slow and its up and down, i'm only like 250 pages into, keep reading, i like it :)

Alusha Marie wrote: "It's almost like it gets really interesting then really slow and its up and down, i'm only like 250 pages into, keep reading, i like it :)"

I try my best to keep reading but first I want to finish "The Idiot" :D