bookczuk's Reviews > Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex

Jan 06, 10

it was ok
bookshelves: nonfiction, skim-read-til-the-end
Read in January, 2010

I just wrote a whole review of this and had yet to save it, when I had a computer glitch. Grrrr.

Not a bad book, but on the whole, I think I preferred Stiff. Maybe it's because I worked as a pediatric urology nurse and spent a lot of time with patients who had to have their precious little bits put into proper working order? Dunno I am undeniably grateful, however, that I have made it 53 years without having wires attached to my various erogenous zones, sex observed by clinical scientists, or "object retrieval" at the local ER (though I've assisted in a couple of those -- eeeeewwwww!)

Ironically, today's xkcd made a fitting ending to my excursion into the curious coupling of Science and Sex:
xkcd: . I had to laugh when I read the BBC statement, "The elusive erogenous zone said to exist in some women may be a myth, say researchers who have hunted for it."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonk.

Bark's Book Nonsense Sorry you lost your review. It so frustrating when that happens. This book sounds so clinical. Did it have any of the dry humor of Stiff?

bookczuk There was humor, but somehow humor about death seemed funnier to me than humor about sex. Take a look at some of the other reviews on it, and you'll get a smattering of how it was. I was just too frustrated to rewrite all my quotes and points.