Cheryl's Reviews > Married By Morning

Married By Morning by Lisa Kleypas

Jun 12, 2010

bookshelves: lisa-kleypas, summer-reading-challenge, historical-romance, books-i-own, favorite-heroes, all-time-favorites
Read in June, 2010

The much anticipated story of Leo and Miss Marks was a hit with this reader, 5 big stars!!!

When first introduced to Leo Hathaway in Mine Till Midnight, I hated him! I thought he was selfish, rude and a complete wastrel and cad! Then in each book after that he started redeeming himself just a bit, little by little at a time. Then when Catherine Marks was introduced I just knew something was going to end up happening with the two of them.

Leo and Miss Marks got along like oil in water, they hated one another and were repelled by each other... they had some of the best fights and banter that I have ever read in a book! It was a perfect set up; Leo the cheeky and charming rake against Catherine the up-tight and severe spinsterish lady.. you just knew at some point fireworks were going to explode! And boy did they ever...

In Married By Morning Leo became even more intrigued by Catherine, or Marks as he liked to call her. He wondered what secrets she was keeping and he wondered what the woman looked like under her buttoned up outward appearance. So in a moment of weakness Leo took the plunge and kissed Marks... that moment was a turning point for the two of them, they found they couldn't keep their hands (or mouths) off of one another, even though they still fought and cut one another constantly.

Leo and Miss Marks heated up the pages from the beginning until the end, just like I knew they would, their story was funny, romantic and explosive! Leo has now become one of my most favorite heroes, which is not surprising as Lisa Kleypas has a way of creating some of the best heroes out there in the fictional world.

Well done Mrs. Kleypas, I am looking forward to Beatrix's book next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married By Morning.

06/07/2010 page 99
29.03% "Wow! Leo and Marks are really heating up the pages..." 3 comments

Rach~The Highlander luverrr 5 starst really!!! alot of mixed reviews on this one !

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Write faster, Cheryl!!!! I haven't started this series yet, I'm waiting until I read your review. ROFL!!!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Dhestiny, trust me, read the series! Do you remember Can Rohan from Devil in Winter? Trust me, you'll want to hear him whispering, "Monisha" to you. ^_^ Plus, the last book is due out end of this month! Come on!

Cheryl Rach- YES, big 5 stars for me! I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on it too but I loved it! Leo was amazing and charming and a rascal. And the banter and heat between Leo and Marks were top notch!!

Dhestiny- You'll love this series! Can't wait to see what you think!

Jayne- did you read this one yet?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Lady Jayne wrote: "Dhestiny, trust me, you'll want to hear him whispering, "Monisha" to you. "

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish OH, the last book is due out already??? What is it called?? Then maybe I'll go ahead and get started on the series.

Cheryl Dhes, the last book is Love In The Afternoon, releases in July!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I'm seeing a release date of June 29th! YAY!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: " Lady Jayne wrote: "Dhestiny, trust me, you'll want to hear him whispering, "Monisha" to you. "

But... my name's not Monisha. I'd be pissed if he called me some other woman's name."

ROFL!! When you read the book, you'll understand! *still laughing*

message 10: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Jun 10, 2010 03:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Cheryl wrote: "Jayne- did you read this one yet?"

Yes, I have, Cheryl and I loved it. I've just been very behind on reviewing any of the books I've read lately.

Ally72 Yah...Cheryl! I am so anxious to start this one!!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I've officially started Hathaways!

message 13: by Ally72 (last edited Jun 10, 2010 05:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally72 Yah...Dhestiny! LOL! I am listening to "Seduce Me At Sunrise" (I read it last year) while I have been organizing my closet and I think I like the Hathaway series as much as the Wallflowers and that is saying a lot because I LOVE the Wallflower books.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I already love Cam!!

message 15: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Jun 10, 2010 05:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I've officially started Hathaways!"

YAY!!!! ^o^

Dhes, I actually love it when Cam calls Amelia "hummingbird" more than I do when he says "monisha".

Cam is still my fave hero of the Hathaway series, followed by Leo.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish So far the sexiest thing he's said happened while they were out looking for Leo and she told Cam that she wasn't afraid, that she had him (Cam) to protect her and he said:

"Sweetheart," he said with a softness that undercut the noise of the crowd, "I may be the one you most need protection from."

But I loved the chat he had with St. Vincent about whether or not it was normal for a man approaching his 30's to find his desire of women waning.

Ally72 Cam has turned out to be one of my top three Kleypas heros. I love him more with each novel that is written. I will be very sad when this series ends. Although, I can't wait for Beatrix's story...I have been looking forward to hers for awhile now.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Does Merripen get a story?

Ally72 Oh YES!!! Merripen's story is the second one in the series ("Seduce Me At Sunrise"). Personally, it is my very favorite of the series (Although, I haven't read Leo and Miss Mark's book yet).

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Lady Ally, I've loved Cam more with each novel, too.

Dhes, yes, Merripen's is the 2nd Hathaway book. I remember that I couldn't wait for his book after finishing Mine Til Midnight, but I was a bit frustrated with him in Seduce Me At Sunrise. Though I've loved all the Hathaway books.

Ally72 Lady Jayne...I totally agree with you about being frustrated with Merripen, but he is such a "swoon worthy" Lisa Kleypas hero!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I can think of many characters who become annoying after they have their book. LOL

message 23: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Jun 10, 2010 06:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* I agree, Lady Ally, Merripen is swoon worthy, and while there were parts of his book where he frustrated me, he came good in the end and I love him like I do the whole "Hathaway" clan.

My most sigh-worthy moment for Merripen was the stuff about the window, if you know what I'm referring to. Lady Ally. Don't want to give too much away for Dhestiny. ^_^

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I can think of many characters who become annoying after they have their book. LOL"

LOL! True.

Ally72 Yes! I really loved that part too. There were so many wonderful moments in that book and Merripen was so tortured.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you, for the non-spoiler, Lady Jayne! LOL

message 27: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Jun 10, 2010 07:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Dhes, now you're probably wondering, "What about the what window??? What???" Right? LOL

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish LOL YEs, but thankfully I have book 2 right here, waiting to go. It would be dreadful if I couldn't get my hands on it.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "LOL YEs, but thankfully I have book 2 right here, waiting to go. It would be dreadful if I couldn't get my hands on it."

Actually, I think what I'm talking about is revealed in Book 1. But good that you have book2 ready to go. ^_^ It was almost torture waiting a year for book 2 to come out.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish They just got to their new home, and you can already see how deeply Merripen cares for Win. What a wonderful man he is.

message 31: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Jun 10, 2010 08:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Yes, he is. Merripen is very brooding, intense and tortured. The kind of hero I LOVE! Which is why I was just dying for his book, because I felt like he and Win were stealing the show a bit from Cam and Amelia (and then Leo was kinda stealing the show from Merripen and Win LOL). But for some reason, in thinking of the totality of the Hathaway heroes, I prefer the sexy and self-assured Cam Rohan, the most. Maybe it was the "mood" I was in at the time I read Seduce Me At Sunrise and also that I need to forgive Merripen for something. I think I really need to re-read this series. If only I didn't have to work so I could read a whole lot more books! ^_^

I really appreciate both Rohan and Merripen and how they "complete" the Hathaway clan.

Ally72 Lady Jayne...I totally agree with you about the Cam and Merripen. I discovered LK last year and "Seduce Me At Sunrise" was the first book I ever read of hers. I didn't realize it was part of a series so I read it out of order (I don't like doing that). I am listening to the audiobook version of it now while I am organizing parts of my house and it is better the second time. I usually am not an audiobook listener, but this book has me hooked (again).

Dhestiny...I am so glad you have the second book ready to go because you will definitely want to read it right away. Merripen and Win's story is so beautiful and I love how we find out how they (and everyone else) is doing in the later books. Cam and Merripen really are the perfect fit for the Hathaways.

Cheryl...I am sorry I got off topic with "Married by Morning"...I think Lisa Kleypas' books are kind of addicting. LOL!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you both, "Ladys" I'm truly enjoying the book, but I wish Cam were back in the mix.

message 35: by Rach~The Highlander luverrr (last edited Jun 10, 2010 09:47PM) (new) - added it

Rach~The Highlander luverrr Seduce me at sunrise owwwwwwwww*****swoon****
one of my fav....
"your mine" and your coming with me.......

Cheryl Look at you all running away with comments under my review... sorry I missed so much!!

I am trying to decide which book is my fav from the series, it's a toss up between Seduce Me at Sunrise and Married By Morning... hmm.... But I loved them all!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Nice review, Cheryl!

I'd have to agree with you. I'm 1/2 way through Mine Till Midnight and I'm not terribly fond of Leo. I understand his loss, but... he's so callous and horribly rude, too.

Rach~The Highlander luverrr Dam should i even bother with this one?

Cheryl YES! Why would you think of skipping it? Have you read the others in this series?

Ally72 Lovely review, Cheryl! I have never been a big Leo fan, but I am looking forward to this book. I have a feeling that LK is going to redeem him and Miss Marks will be a perfect match!

Cheryl Yes Ally, Leo is very much redeemed in his book! I can't wait to see what you think!

Ally72 Thanks Cheryl! I am getting anxious to start it and I know I will be breaking down and doing it very soon (I am trying to save it, but my patience is running out).

Cheryl Thanks Danielle! I see you loved this one also? I LOVED it, maybe the best in the series!