Kristopher's Reviews > Lloyd: What Happened: A Novel of Business

Lloyd by Stanley Bing

Jan 21, 08

bookshelves: fiction
Read in January, 2008

A decent book; very clever, well written, and overall entertaining. The problem that I ran into was with connecting with any of the characters, not because they were unsympathetic, but rather in that the situations they found themselves in were just beyond the grasp of my mind. Clearly this is based on real-life type environments found in super-high echelons of business, but even my brief stint in restaurant management lent virtually zero relatability to anything that happened in this book. I think that when I am middle-aged and if I have kids by then, I may find this a more relatable read, but until then it will live as a fun read that in the end kind of left me a little bit flat--and when I say, "in the end" I do mean the very end of the book; the conclusion left me with a strange feeling... flat is the only way I can describe it.
The overall negativity of what I have just written is misleading though, it is a fun book to read, and I did enjoy it. I just feel that I was missing something important.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lloyd.