Bry's Reviews > Magic Bleeds

Mar 10, 11

bookshelves: 2010, mystery, favorites, urban-fantasy, 2011, audiobook, series
Read from May 23, 2010 to March 10, 2011

Read May 24, 2010:

My favorite book of the year. Bar none. Yes, I loved it even more than Patricia Briggs Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) which I almost feel bad saying. And while I knew this book would be awesome I had no idea the Andrews team would so completely knock it out of the park as they did. This book was incredible. I mean it. I am sitting here laughing like a giddy schoolchild and desperately want to turn back to the beginning to read it again. (Not that I didn't already reread whole sections as I was reading the book in the first place.) This book is easily the Andrew's best book and did not disappoint in any way whats so ever. Literally. I have nothing bad to say about it! I can't remember the last time I thought that about a book.

There is drama, action, romance, pain, blood, passion, happiness, betrayal, political scheming, sword play, family hatred, loyalty, love. The list goes on and on. Every emotion imaginable and all of them real, supported, and understandable. As I read I laughed out loud, gasped, pleaded with the characters, feared for them, was happy with them. I was holding my breath until the very end.

I feel like I don't know what to say about this book other than how happy I am to have read it and that I am already sweating out the wait until the next book in 2011! I started the Kate Daniels series this year and have read every Ilona Andrews work since that fateful first novel. The Andrew's team is my author find of the year and are for sure on my automatic to buy list along with Briggs for now on.

Oooooo and at the end is a sneak peak at Bayou Moon featuring William! :D

Best quote!

"I just had to stay cool. Zen. No punching in the face. Punching would not be Zen." Gotta love Kate's internal dialog when it comes to Curran.

*****

Audiobook: March 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bleeds.

Quotes Bry Liked

Ilona Andrews
“If you come, you better come in force because I will kill every single one of you. My hand won't shake, my aim won't falter. My face will be the last thing you'll see before you die." I jammed my knife into the table and walked out.”

Ilona Andrews
“He bared his teeth in a happy feral grin. My own personal psycho.”

Ilona Andrews
“I can't give you the white picket fence, and if I did, you'd set it on fire.”

05/23/2010 page 67
19.2% ""I just had to stay cool. Zen. No punching in the face. Punching would not be Zen." Damn I love Kate and Curran!"
05/23/2010 page 227
65.04% "A woman who is over 30 centuries old called someone a pussy. Too hilarious! Love this book! Can't put it down!" 2 comments
05/24/2010 page 312
89.4% "I tried to stay up last night to finish it despite having to work today but fell asleep!! Argh! Just have to finish it at my desk when no one is looking and hope I don't keep verbally emotional over the end!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Vered Yes!!!

Vered You've made me laughing like a giddy schoolchild, with a stupid grin on my face, and I haven't even read it yet! Lovely :)

message 3: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Ooooo now I can't wait for you to read it and gush over it too!! EEEEEEEE :D

Vered Any day now!!

Katyana I so so so agree with you. Honestly, even having enjoyed the rest of the series thoroughly, I was shocked at how great this book is. And like you, immediately upon finishing, I flipped back through and started re-reading chunks. And I am hugely tempted to just start right over with the series as a whole. The author knocked it out of the park.

message 6: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Exactly! I knew it would be good, but damn! It was great! They totally nailed it! The next book must be daunting considering how well everyone is loving this one!

Vered Bry, now YOU're killing ME!!

message 8: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Where is your copy?!?!

Vered Swimming apparently! Should be here any day now!!

message 10: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry My fingers are crossed for you!!

Katyana Bry wrote: "Exactly! I knew it would be good, but damn! It was great! They totally nailed it! The next book must be daunting considering how well everyone is loving this one!"

And I gave in to temptation and started re-reading the series. I was up until 5am finishing MAGIC STRIKES. Yay for holiday weekends... haha!

message 12: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Katyana wrote: "Bry wrote: "Exactly! I knew it would be good, but damn! It was great! They totally nailed it! The next book must be daunting considering how well everyone is loving this one!"

And I gave in to ..."

I got them all on audio book and am going to start them all over again!

Katyana Bry wrote: "I got them all on audio book and am going to start them all over again!"

And now I just finished MAGIC BURNS. I am clearly not going to get anything done this weekend.

I haven't checked out the audio books at all - let me know if they're good!

message 14: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry You are getting tons done! You are enjoying some insanely awesome books! :D

Katyana Haha, finished MAGIC STRIKES last night and just finished MAGIC BLEEDS. Whoooooo-boy! I appreciated it even more the second time around.

However, that means that, aside from going to a BBQ last night, I have been a great big slacker this weekend. :-D

message 16: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry That's what holiday weekends are for :D

Emily You may have to be slain upon the altar of Mercy Thompson for your heresy madam! ;) Sorry, I just had to say that.! :-D

message 18: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry At the beginning of the series it is more mercy Thompson like, although as the series goes on it is a little paranormal romance. The plot though is always at the for front of each book.

Lorelle now im really glad im putting off reading Silver Borne for a week or so, I really dont want to do it any injustice!

message 20: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Don't get me wrong, I loved Silver Borne, but this was just sooooo much better!

Lorelle I loved Bone Crossed so much im waiting for that right little moment to crack open Silver Borne :)