Shawna's Reviews > Guarding a Notorious Lady

Guarding a Notorious Lady by Olivia Parker

3 stars – Historical/Regency Romance

Rosalind has been infatuated with her older brother’s best friend, Nicholas, since she was a girl, and she’s spent the past few seasons playing matchmaker for others and dodging unwanted suitors left and right, convinced that no other man could ever possibly capture her heart. Nicholas’s unexpected appearance for the London season brings a flutter of excitement, and she hopes to finally gain his attention. And when she finds out the real reason for his sudden interest in her, Rosalind becomes more determined than ever to win his affection.

Nicholas vows to watch over Rosalind and protect her from the interest and advances of her numerous suitors for her brother while he’s away on his honeymoon trip. After all, the spunky, stubborn, meddlesome, matchmaking, troublemaking lass is his best friend’s younger sister and therefore off-limits. Too bad he’s having such a hard time remembering that and resisting the temptation she presents. The more time Nicholas spends with Rosalind playing the role of guardian, the harder it becomes to deny their intense attraction and for him to hide his feelings. Can Rosalind finally capture his heart the way he’s always held hers?

This is a cute, entertaining read, and although there’s nothing new or exceptional about it, Guarding a Notorious Lady is an enjoyable way to spend a few hours. 3 stars.

9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guarding a Notorious Lady.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish And I was so looking forward to this one, too! *sigh*

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "And I was so looking forward to this one, too! *sigh*"

Ik! i was too, I really enjoyed Bride Hunt Ball, I had big expectations

message 3: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Jul 13, 2011 08:22PM) (new) - added it

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Did you read this one, too? I loved BHB and To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2) by Olivia Parker

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Did you read this one, too? I loved BHB and To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2) by Olivia Parker"

Nope I haven't read it yet. BHB was great, loved the heroine and the hero

Shawna It was good and not a total waste of time, but just not great or anything that original. I think I rated To Wed a Wicked Earl 3 stars, too. I still haven't read At the Bride Hunt Ball, but I've heard great things about it.