Alexey's Reviews > Storm Front

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

Oct 28, 07

bookshelves: reviewed, urban, story-driven, solo-protagonist
Read in January, 2006

I actually have been hearing about this book series for quite some time but it never got close to the top of my reading pile because I'm not too keen on the idea of the main hero being a detective. Maybe I just read too much Sherlock Holmes stories ;)
But Jim Butcher actually managed to prove that it's not only the basic premise that counts - and his books have stolen me from the real world for a week I had to spend getting ready to my exams - but I don't regret not a second of it

So please welcome the protagonist - Harry Dresden, the only professional wizard in Chicago(don't confuse with sorcerers, look up in Yellow Pages under "Wizards"). And there is always his helper - a speaking skull willing to do anything for the new romance book :) He can easily cope with all the different kinds of sinister creatures, but can't reject a request from a woman(and constantly getting burned by this doesn't make it easier). He's also the only thing that keeps the police department from going completely nuts from the abundance of the supernatural. His problem number one is to pay the bills for flat and office, problem number two - do something about love life if possible.

Well, if you wanted to meet a real urban wizard, the last specimen of the almost-extinct gentlemen, you wanted satisfyng storyline, lambent humor and some interesting thoughts in-between - you can stop looking now, sign here and get ready, this score of books won't let you have a dull moment...
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm Front.