Courtney's Reviews > Lovestruck Summer

Jan 08, 10

bookshelves: 2010, ya-fiction
Recommended to Courtney by: Adele Walsh
Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Aaah, I was so burnt out on paranormal romances. I needed this book. This book was good for my soul. I love those books where you are just like KISS DAMMIT at the characters with the amazing chemistry and then when it happens you are like OK NOW DO IT AGAIN.

Lovestruck Summer made me so happy. Also Toto's Africa got mentioned in a positive light. Of course I can't think of a universe where anyone would mention Toto's Africa in a NEGATIVE light, but. A++++++++++

The only thing is I take SLIGGGHT issue with is the ending. I know the realistic thing is for Quinn to say that YES maybe there are no guarantees but as far as I am concerned she and Russ maintained contact throughout college and then had the most amazing life together, with lots of good music. And Sebastian ended up on one of those sites that makes fun of hipsters. That is what happens in my head after the last page. Quinn can be realistic about it, but I think Penny would agree with me. And I think we all know Sebastian is asking for it.

Also related: omg, hipsters.

AH I LOVE THIS BOOK.

Melissa Walker's writing is snappy, quick-paced, sharp and clever. The romance was romantic. No unseemly stalking is such a refreshing change of pace. I need to gets my hands on her Violet series ASAP.

Lovestruck Summers = 10 stars in my heart. Will read again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lovestruck Summer.

01/05/2010 page 17
01/05/2010 page 101
37.13% "LOVING THIS. One of the characters mentioned the greatness of Toto's Africa!!!!!!! I was meant to read this book!"
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah BT I LOVED this one. This and Elizabeth Scott's Something Maybe pulled me out of a reading slump. Both are books I will read again. This one is much deeper than the frilly cover leads you to believe and it was the perfect romance I finished it and was smiling.

Sarah BT Oh, and I made up that ending too-that they kept in touch and stayed together forever and had hipster cowboy babies-haha!

message 3: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney Yes! It so is. When I closed the last page I was grinning like a fool. And hee--I am trying to picture hipster cowboy babies. Terrifyingly adorable.

Adele So....another book proving you should always accept my opinions as correct?

message 5: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Love your ending for this book, Courtney!

Melissa Just saw this thread! Dude, Quinn and Russ totally met up at SXSW. You know I'm a romantic at heart!