Meghan's Reviews > Meg Mackintosh and the Case of the Missing Babe Ruth Baseball: A Solve-It-Yourself Mystery

Meg Mackintosh and the Case of the Missing Babe Ruth Baseball by Lucinda Landon

Jan 05, 10

bookshelves: kids-books
Read in January, 2010

JT got the first 4 Meg books for Christmas. Besides the heroine having such a stellar name, the boys are really taken with the stories. We have cruised through the first 3 and we are dragging out the 4th since it is our last.
The general theme of each is that young Meg is faced with a mystery: a missing baseball, a missing treasure map, a stolen chalice, and a summer camp ghost. Through the illustrations and story the reader is given clues to help solve the mystery. Along the way, the reader is asked to help solve various pieces of the mystery before they turn the page. Each mini-solution helps the reader reach the final conclusion.

The illustrations and story lines are simple which is what made me think of originally giving this one a 3 star rating but I think simplicity is outweighed by the series ability to entertain young readers, engage both their listening and visual skills, and introduce them to a genre that most kids don't explore until later in their reading careers if at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meg Mackintosh and the Case of the Missing Babe Ruth Baseball.