Ichaerus's Reviews > The Complete Essex County

The Complete Essex County by Jeff Lemire

Jan 10, 10

bookshelves: books-i-own, general-fiction, graphic-novels, 2010
Read in January, 2010

I read the first book of this series on a whim when I saw it on the shelf of our library. Didn't expect a lot, but when I see new graphic novels, I tend to grab them. I was completely blown away. Within a couple of pages, Lemire had me and didn't let go. So, when I found out there were not only 2 more volumes, but a collected hardback edition with additional materials, I knew it was one I had to own. I got a gift card for christmas, and this was the first book on my list.

I am so glad I got it. The whole series stays as honest and captivating as I found the first volume, and in no time flat, this became one of the absolute prizes of my library.

I recommend this to anyone, graphic novel fan or not. It is a wonderful, heartfelt, touching story, that will grab you and not let go.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Essex County.

01/05/2010 page 250
48.83% "I read vol 1 of this and loved it. So, when I got a giftcard for x-mas, this was the first thing on my list. So glad it was. It's amazing."