Crystal's Reviews > The Chic Shall Inherit the Earth

The Chic Shall Inherit the Earth by Shelley Adina

Jan 13, 2010

bookshelves: for-review, read-jan-2010
Read in January, 2010

I can't even begin to say how much I loved this book. It's a fun Young Adult novel that's positive and realistic at the same time. I have not read any other books in the All About Us series, but I did not feel lost at all while reading it. I think it works best when read with the rest of the series, but it can be read as a stand-alone just as easily. I will go back and read the rest of the series after reading this installment.

The book centers around 5 girls who are the best of friends at a private school in San Francisco. They are different in many ways but share a lot together. One of those things is their faith in God. They also seem to share all of their experiences and are really close. I enjoyed learning about each of them, especially Lissa, which this book seems to focus on. In this book Lissa is still exploring her faith and also learning about her friends along with having to figure out what to do with her life and also seeing a romance that has been right in front of her the whole time.

The book takes on typical teenage issues is a positive and Christian way, without being too preachy. The book flows well and conversations seem real, never forced. Ms. Adina does a beautiful job with the characters and the plot and make this novel a true joy to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chic Shall Inherit the Earth.

01/04/2010 page 39