Shawna's Reviews > England's Perfect Hero

England's Perfect Hero by Suzanne Enoch

Feb 24, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance-regency, historical-romance, suzanne-enoch, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, hero-brooding, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-celibate-virgin-virginesque, hh-limp-paraplegic-wheelchair, hh-physical-mental-disability-ill, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hh-deaf-mute-speech-disorder, series-lessons-in-love, favorite-romance-series, 2011-reads, 5-stars-or-higher, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, animals-matter, best-faves-of-2011, best-top-favorites, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, favorites, friends-to-lovers, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, heroine-bluestocking-unconventional, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, heroine-i-adore, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hh-sweet-nice-paired-vs-gruff-cynic, i-read-own-faves-keepers, love-triangle-vying-courtships, steam-2-warm, made-me-cry, unrequited-love-crush, hero-beta, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, mystery-intrigue-espionage-subplot, hero-nice-guy-gets-the-girl, hero-recluse-loner-lonewolf, hero-military-war-veteran, a-all-time-best-of-best-fave-dik, hero-silent-quiet-type-reticent, ending-abrupt-poor-epilogue-needed, hero-gentleman, hr-regency-napoleonic-era-wars, loved-you-from-afar-or-for-years, hh-phobia-disorder, a-all-time-best-top-50-fave-dik
Recommended for: Fans of emotional historical romance & tortured, scarred heroes
Read from February 18 to 20, 2011

5+ stars – Historical/Regency Romance

As much as I enjoyed the love/hate banter of The Rake and swooned at devilishly wicked, sinfully charming rake Saint’s feet in London's Perfect Scoundrel, England’s Perfect Hero ended up being my favorite book in Enoch’s wonderful Lessons in Love trilogy. It’s a beautiful, touching romance between an emotionally and physically scarred hero suffering from PTSD and the woman whose friendship helps heal his wounded soul and bring him back into the light. I absolutely loved it! My only complaint is the same that I had about London's Perfect Scoundrel, which is that it needed a bit more to the ending and an epilogue. But it’s still a heartrending, soulful love story worthy of big 5 stars!

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read England's Perfect Hero.

02/20/2011 page 384
100.0% "LOVED it!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Amanda This is one of my faves!

Shawna I loved it too, Amanda! It's a definite keeper!

Beanbag Love Yep, a major fave of mine, too. Glad you enjoyed it, Shawna!

Dina Am I the only one who doesn't think this book is the best in the series? I liked it, but my favorite was book #2. Saint, oh Saint! *sighs*

message 6: by Shawna (last edited Feb 25, 2011 05:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna Yep, Robert is a big sweetie, Danielle!

Thanks, Beanbag!

Dina, I loved, loved Saint! I mean, he could have had me stripped nekkid in one of those orphanage classrooms panting and begging in probably one day. LOL! So London's Perfect Scoundrel is a definite favorite/keeper.

But, this was my favorite "story" in the trilogy. I loved that it was such a touching, emotional read and told so much from Robert's POV.

It's interesting though because Love in the Afternoon, which also has a PTSD hero, was a favorite with many Hathaways fans, but it wasn't mine. (Although I loved it of course.)

Colleen Great review Shawna! Just finished it. My fave is definitely Saint's book - really enjoyed him!

message 8: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee This sounds like it's for me! Must look for it at HPB...great review, Shawna!

Shawna Thanks, Colleen! Saint's book was delish!

Thanks, Auntee! You've gotta check out London's Perfect Scoundrel 'cause you'll love Saint. He's a lot like St. Vincent from "Devil in Winter". *sighs along with Dina*

Amanda It's official - I'm going to have to reread this series as soon as possible.

message 11: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica *asks sheepishly* What does PTSD mean? LOL I just put this series on hold and 2 others from her at my library. I'm so excited to start them!

Shawna It's the acronym for post traumatic stress disorder. The hero in this is a tortured veteran of the Napoleonic Wars.

It's a great series, Jessica!

message 13: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Shawna wrote: "It's the acronym for post traumatic stress disorder. The hero in this is a tortured veteran of the Napoleonic Wars.

It's a great series, Jessica!"

Ahhh I see now!! Thanks Shawna!! LOL Now I play the waiting game for my library to get it in! You're reviews are great for it I can't wait to start!

message 14: by Fani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fani Great review Shawna! I agree with you that this is my favorite of the series AND that it sorely needed an epilogue:)

Shawna Thanks, Jessica! I hope you enjoy the series.

Thanks, Fani! Enoch could take a "lesson" from Lorraine Heath in how to write satisfying endings and sigh-worthy epilogues. LH is the master at that!

message 16: by Fani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fani I so love Heath and her epilogues! She's one of my favorite authors.

message 17: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Great Review Shawna! I adore Robert! *sighs*

Shawna Me too, Fani!

Thanks, Rane! Tristan, Saint, and Robert were all sigh-worthy!

Becca I completely agree with your spoiler about Robert. Heroes do not usually win me over so quickly, but Robert was wonderful. Loved this book so much!

Shawna This is still one of my favorite HR series!