Anna's Reviews > Firespell

Firespell by Chloe Neill

Jan 07, 10

bookshelves: reviews, young-adult
Read in January, 2010

Firespell wasn't originally on my to buy list. I've seen lots of stuff about the book the last few months. Loved the cover, but wasn't sure If I wanted to read it. But when I saw it at Walmart, I snatched that baby up. It's so rare to find good new releases there. In the end I'm glad I picked it up, because I really enjoy the story.

Lily has just learned that her parents will be spending the next two years in Germany on a research trip, while she will be attending a boarding school in Chicago. Needless to say Lily is less that thrilled having to leave everything she knows behind. On her first day at St. Sophia's Lily meet her new BFF Scout and learns somethings off about Scout's late night jaunts out of the suite.

Lily and Scout are wonderful characters to read about. They are both snarky and compliment each other very well. Firespell pulls you in at page one. It was both suspenseful and charming, this will be a book you'll have a hard time putting down. I look forward to reading more installments in the series. I want to know more about the Dark Elite as a whole, the dark Sebastian and the blue-eyed hottie Jason, that has caught Lily's eye.

Anna's Book Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firespell.