Rochelle's Reviews > The MacKade Brothers: Devin and Shane

Jan 06, 10

bookshelves: chick-lit, read-2010
Recommended to Rochelle by: Karen Peret
Read in January, 2010

This was a great followup to The MacKade Brothers  Rafe and Jared (MacKades #1 & 2) by Nora Roberts.
The Heart of Devin MacKade was a sweet story, with him pining for Cassandra for so long. I get a little bit edgy with Nora Roberts' evil characters, but all in all it was a great story, with Cassandra being in tune with Abigail's ghost and making decisions based upon the past.

The Fall of Shane MacKade was a cute title, but perhaps one of the more unrealistic of the pairings with Shane, a ladies' man, and Rebecca, a girl genius. I'm not sure how much I believe that Rebecca could change herself so quickly and stick with all of the changes. However, I did enjoyed this story, and the mud scene was super!

Roberts loves her characters having babies and I like that she is pro-breastfeeding and often mentions the moms nursing their child (rather than many books which just pop a bottle in the baby's mouth.) It was beautiful how Rebecca compared Reagan's nursing to Madonna, and Savannah's nursing to a fertility goddess. :)

I'm really not into ghost stories so much, but Roberts seems to be, and does it well, intertwining it among all of the characters, and drawing me in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The MacKade Brothers.