Student Symmes's Reviews > Infamous

Infamous by Cecily von Ziegesar

U_50x66
Jan 03, 10

** spoiler alert ** 1. Did you feel that the book fulfilled your expectations? Were you disappointed?
The book definitely fulfilled my expectations. Each chapter had an interesting moment in it. At times I was shocked with some of their decisions that the characters made, like when Callie broke up with the boy she was in love with. I didn’t see that coming but the book was absolutely worth the read.

2. Did you enjoy the book? Why, Why not?
I really enjoyed the book because there was never a dull moment, each sentence was exciting. Each book I’ve read from the “it girl series” never disappointed me, this one definitely didn’t either.

3. How did the book compare to other books by the author (or other books in the same genre)?
All the “it girl books” are very good. This one was definitely one of the better books because it had more of an interesting plot. In this book, “Waverly” is on thanksgiving break so everyone leaves, while in the other books the setting is usually always at school.

4. What about the plot? Did it pull you in; or did you feel you had to force yourself to read the book?
The plot was definitely more captivating than some of the other books because the stories main setting is in New York City, which is a very wild city. Whenever I started reading I didn’t want to put the book down.

5. Were the characters realistic? Would you want to meet any of the characters? Did you like them? Hate them?
If I could get the chance I’d like to meet all the main characters because, they all have different backgrounds, and personalities. The way the author described them was just so detailed. At times, the characters did things that were selfish and rude.

6. Did the actions of the characters seem plausible? Why? Why not?
A lot of the actions weren’t plausible. At one point Sleigh was at the park and she just started playing with these twins and gave them food. Usually parents wouldn’t mind if you asked but Sleigh didn’t even ask. Another time was when Easy had asked Callie to meet him at the top of the Empire State Building. In the letter he wrote it read “I promised that I’d see you again, so meet me at the top of the Empire State Building at 6 o’clock. Things like that don’t happen.

7. How would the book have been different if it had taken place in a different time or place?
If the student of Waverly hadn’t left the school for thanks giving break the book would have been completely different. “There’s nothing like spending the weekend in New York and getting away from Waverly”, Jenny said. That clearly shows she was exited to get away from Waverly. New York is a party city so things definitely would have been different. Yvonne wouldn’t have had the party, Callie wouldn’t have dumped Easy, Tinsley wouldn’t have gotten a second chance from Julian and Jenny wouldn’t have met Casey.

8. What are some of the book’s themes? How important were they?
I think the biggest theme in the story was friendship. “I’m so happy we became friends”. Jenny, Callie and Tinsley were enemies throughout the other books but they got over it. The theme friendship was an important theme because almost every girl in Waverly would pick their boyfriends over their friends or believe any little rumour they heard. Jenny, Callie and Tinsley put all the rumours fights and boys behind and became very close.

9. How are the books images symbolically significant? Do the images help to develop the plot, or help to define characters?
In one part of the book, Callie found a letter that Easy had written her “if you’ve gotten this, I’m probably at military school and can’t get a word out, with this letter is a promise ring. I promise I’ll see you soon”. That symbolizes Easy’s love for Callie.

10. Did the book end the way you expected?
I did think that the book would have ended differently. “Whoa, dude is it true you hooked up with the Dunderdorf twins?” The way the book was going it didn’t look like Brandon wouldn’t have hooked up with Helga. Also I thought that Sleigh would have for she ruined Tinsley’s chores with Julian, but that didn’t happen either.

11. Would you recommend this book to other readers? To your close friends?
I would recommend this book series to my girl friends because it’s very girly. It’s all about shopping, boys, friendship and gossip. Not that my guy friends wouldn’t like the books, I just think it’s more appropriate for girls.

12. If you were casting these characters in a movie, what actors/ actresses would play them?
If I was casting these characters in a movie Tinsley would be a played by Meagan fox because they are both admired by boys and are very beautiful. They both have long dark hair and remind me of each other. Callie would be played by Blake Lively because they are both tall, blonde, very slim and very pretty. Jenny would be played by Taylor Momsen because the “it girl” series is based sort of around gossip girl and gossip girl is Jenny is played by Taylor Momsen. Easy would be played by Brad Pitt because they are both scruffy looking yet very good looking. Easy’s personality reminds me of Brad’s behaviour in some of his movies. Julian would be played by Zac Efron because they both like sports and are more proper like polite and remind me of eachother.

13. What was your favourite part/scene of the book?
My favourite park of the book was at the end when everyone was talking about their thanksgiving weekend. “Is it true you hooked up with the Dunderdorf twins?” “I just saw Tinsley curled up on the couch next to Julian” “Did you hear Callie and Easy broke up for good?” I liked the end because everyone was shocked that all these things happened over the break!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infamous.