Morgan's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

1977404
Mar 21, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, fiction, paranormal, vampires, kindle-read
Read from March 19 to 21, 2010

**Kindle Read**

I finally got around to reading this. I had hesitated at first just because it was a YA Vampire book. Then I kept hesitating, because I really enjoy Richelle Mead's Georgina Kincaid series. I was worried that her style would change or that something would be severely lacking.

Not the case.

Richelle Mead delivers an intriguing story that we try to unravel right along with Rose. Dimitri/Rose (especially near the end) was really rather hot for a YA book. I was not expecting that either (color me pleasantly surprised). haha.

I had somewhat of an idea of 'whodunit' from having bought a used copy of book #3 and glancing at the back. I was still surprised with a great deal.

It was far more than I expected from a YA vampire book (and I should have known with Richelle Mead for an author that it would be the case). Being that it surpassed my expectations by far and overcame all the reasons I had held for hesitating, it deserves it's 5 star rating.

Right now I have books 2 and 4 waiting on my Kindle to be read and book 3 sitting in my bag from the used book store. I'm taking a small break from the books, but I am curious to see what is in store next for Rose, Lissa, Dimitri, and Christian.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.