Pearl's Reviews > Bright Star: Love Letters and Poems of John Keats to Fanny Brawne

Bright Star by John Keats

Mar 09, 12

bookshelves: classics, to-buy
Read from March 06 to 09, 2012

Only picked this book up because I wanted to familiarize my self with more poetry, as I will have to write a piece of poetry in one of my assessments this semester. I watched the movie when it first came out and enjoyed it, but never read the letters it was based off of until now.

Needless to say, I don't get poetry and it doesn't get me. But good lord, it is beautiful. Especially Keat's letters to Fanny. In the past two decades of reading, I have never read anything so beautiful. It makes you want to kiss the page and your expectations in men go through the roof.

Perhaps if the poetry itself was read to me I might of been more swooned. But either way, its beautiful and should at least get a peek from a reader.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bright Star.

03/06/2012 page 30
23.0% "Reading for uni and needless to say, no one writes this well and this romantic anymore. It's so beautiful."
03/07/2012 page 70
53.0% ""Bright Star! would I were steadfast as thou art""

message 1: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea the movie is the reason I want to read this. you giving a good review ups it on my list