Susan's Reviews > Dead and Gone

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

After reading From Dead to Worse last month, I was a bit Sookied out. I really wanted to read this one however, before the 10th book comes out next month. Dead and Gone takes a far darker tone than some of it's predecessors, but it really worked for me. The direction Charlaine Harris has taken in her Southern Vampire Series is an interesting one, leaving lots of room for future books.

If you're looking for the soft world of Sookie Stackhouse - full of fantastic creatures and witty humor, you'll have to look elsewhere. Dead and Gone is full of violence. We do lose a few characters we've come to know and love, but this is just the evolution of a series if you ask me. When you write this many entertaining characters into as dangerous a world as Sookie's, there's bound to be some fallout some time or other.

Dead and Gone is my favorite book since Dead to the World (book 4). It was full of action, and an easy, albeit sad read. I read it in just a couple of days, and I can't wait to see what Harris has in store for us next. I think it is clear that there are intriguing times ahead in the Sookie-verse, and I'm jumping back on the bandwagon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead and Gone.