Buggy's Reviews > Lover Revealed

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

May 20, 11

bookshelves: shelf-09, paranormal-rom, shelf-08, tortured-hero, vampalicious, shelf-10, scars-r-sexy, re-read, tattooed-hero
Read in April, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 3

Opening Line:"What if I told you I had a fantasy?"

This is the story of Butch O'Neil The 4th member of the Black Dagger Brotherhood to find love. A former cop, he's been living amongst the Vampire Warriors since stumbling into their secret world back in book 1 (Dark Lover) Unable now to return to his old human life yet not really fitting in with the Brothers either he is a man lost between two worlds. He's also hopelessly in love with a woman far above his station. The beautiful socialite Marissa, but she hasn't spoken to him for 2 books now and despite his pining and continual drive bys of her house no longer knows he exists. Butch's only constant would be his "tight" relationship with his best friend Vishous, although he's been acting a little strange lately. In any case the roommates have become increasingly close, sharing everything. And as Butch goes through some major changes during the course of this book their bond will only grow stronger as they face life and death together.

LOVER REVEALED is quite the ride and a great addition to this series. Erotic, thrilling, with non stop action and revelations galore. Of course all the Brothers stories continue and their ongoing sub-plots will keep you completely absorbed.

Butch is feeling sorry for himself, drinking too much Scotch, longing for Marissa and wondering where he belongs. Forbidden to fight for the Vampire race that has adopted him he is beginning to feel worthless. Living in their house, wearing expensive designer suits and driving a flash car all paid for by the Brotherhood. He can't respect himself and is finding little comfort in his new lifestyle.

One evening after leaving the nightclub Zerosum Butch has a chance encounter with some Lessers and after saving a young Vampire is taken hostage. He is then tortured for the location of the Brotherhood and when he refuses to break, the Omega (Lessers Leader) places a piece of his evil self inside Butch. Then he is left for dead. The Omega's hope is that Butch will act as a homing device after the Brothers find him. Vishous rescues Butch in scenes very reminiscent of Zsadist going after Bella in Lover Awakened. (Bordering on obsessed) Then transports the half dead cop to Haver's medical clinic where Butch is placed in isolation due to the black body fluids he's spewing and the fact that he now smells like baby powder. At V's request Marissa comes to the clinic to help Butch recover and our love story begins.

Marissa is a sheltered, virginal, aristocrat who has never forgotten the cop and after a week together in isolation the two have fallen hopelessly in love. When Marissa needs to feed however there is a problem. She can't use Butch because his blood is weak and eventually she would kill him so she is forced to use another male (I won't tell you who.) This makes Butch crazy. Causing him to get drunk. Again. And this is the first of our couples many annoying break-ups and make-ups. Back at the mansion V and Butch grow even closer as V heals the evil within Butch. There are suggestions of feelings deeper than friendship here and they are explored beautifully. I think the innuendoes show the depth of their feelings and V's true loneliness. Anyways. Butch and Marisa get back together and have a lot of great sex while V searches for an explanation to Butch's bonding scent and how to make him into a true member of the BDB.

Marissa and Butch's continual conflict and angst annoyed me to a degree but this is such a great book that I was able to overlook it. There's just so much else going on too. The little snippets of Wrath, Phury, Rhage and Zsadist's lives are excellent. Rhevenge takes on a bigger role and John Mathew ups his training as he tries to come to terms with the loss of Wellsie and Tohr. Zsadist is an unexpected help here. There's the usual witty humour and fabulously erotic love scenes. And the ending is per usual JR Ward jaw-dropping awesome.

I can highly recommend this book however I would suggest reading this series in order to get the full affect of these sexy Black Dagger men

Vishous is up next in Lover Unbound and I am wondering who could possibly love this sexy yet nasty BDSM Brother?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Revealed.

Quotes Buggy Liked

J.R. Ward
“A cold blast hit him and he laughed at the sting as he stepped outside, surveyed the night sky, and drank deeply.

Such a good liar he was. Such a good one.

Everyone thought he was fine because he'd camo'd his little problems. He wore a Sox hat to hide the eye twitch. Set his wristwatch to go off every half hour to beat back the dream. Ate though he wasn't angry. Laughed though he found nothing funny.

And he'd always smoked like a chimney.”
J.R. Ward, Lover Revealed

J.R. Ward
“V?" Butch said. "Don't leave, okay?"
"Never." V brushed Butch's hair back with a gesture so tender it was out of place coming from a male.”
J.R. Ward, Lover Revealed

03/31/2010 page 4
0.88% "Another re-read with Butch's story as the countdown for Lover Mine continues"
04/01/2010 page 163
35.82% "Enjoying my re-read"
04/02/2010 page 289
63.52% "Re-read. Butch and Marissa and the silly squabbling begins but damn they have some steamy scenes together."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I am wondering who could possibly love this sexy yet nasty BDSM Brother?

**raises hand** Me!

Buggy Me toooooo baby. I wrote this review ages ago, it seems funny to me now and makes me want to read the book again.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I wonder why old reviews pop up sometimes.

Buggy Yeah its weird isn't it? It always makes me want to read the book again. I loved remembering here how sweet? Butch and V were together before the damn Shellans turned up.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... LOL! I like them better with their shellans!! I know, I'm an odd one.

AND, I'm off to bed! Have a good one!

Buggy Nice to catch ya, good night