Jodi's Reviews > Divine Misdemeanors

Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jan 07, 10

bookshelves: audiobook, hamilton-laurell-k
Read in January, 2010

There were parts of this book that I really liked. Watching Merry work as a detective was interesting and the case was interesting. The issue of people needing to pull their own weight was also good. Ultimately, though, the sex weighed down the story. It took half the book to have any but then it was with strangers. Which reminded me why I don't like erotica (on the whole). Which doesn't mean I dislike explicit sex, because I do. But I need my sex with emotion and this lacked emotion. It was also rather endless once it began. I was tired and I wasn't even participating. I think this arc has a lot of potential. Merry has to figure out how to handle pregnancy with a hands-on job. Many human women have to deal with the same issues so the future has a lot of possibilities. I'm getting tired of the idea that sex brings power, though I understand it. Sex is a powerful tool. But while it was critical to the original plot, I'd rather see the Goddess act in other ways.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Misdemeanors.