Elaine's Reviews > Increase Fertility and Achieve Conception the Natural Way: Boost Your Chances of Getting Pregnant and Prepare for a Successful Birth and a Healthy Bab

Increase Fertility and Achieve Conception the Natural Way by Anne Charlish

Jan 05, 10

bookshelves: family-life, humanity, nature, studies, health
Recommended for: no one really
Read in January, 2010, read count: 1

I was disappointed in the presentation of this book - it seems to have been written for upper-class, predominantly white, heterosexual couples only ... which really counts out huge segments of the population. It mentions things about being overweight or underweight, but all the pictures are of perfectly healthy individuals. And the only mention of LGBT anything is under "Lifestyle Choices" in the "Risks" section, saying that it's a risk if you have a bisexual partner.

??

I'm a lesbian planning on naturally conceiving a child, talking with my partner and my chosen donor and his spouse about all conception issues ... people like us should be included in books like these.

The only good information I got out of this were some suggestions for herbal teas "said to increase fertility," to drink 8 glasses of water a day, and to eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Basically ... be healthy ... and you'll be more fertile ...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Increase Fertility and Achieve Conception the Natural Way.