Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)'s Reviews > Fabulous

Fabulous by Simone Bryant

Jan 31, 10

bookshelves: aa-authors
Recommended to Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun) by: ARC (via NetGalley)
Read in January, 2010

How can you be the most fab of all the fab when you're in the 9th grade? The premise that these 14 year old girls ran the prestigious Pace Academy was hard to swallow. If this school caters to the elite, then these girls aren't the only ones flashing Louis Vuitton hand bags and designer clohtes. So what makes these three so special? I was not able to figure that out while reading the book. The head chica in charge, Starr, has no redeeming qualities. It's her world and everyone else is just living in it. Her best friend, Marisol, is going through a family crisis and all Starr is concerned about is how Marisol is now longer wearing makeup and fabulous outfits. And gasp! She's wearing her hair in a ponytail. For shame! If Starr is supposedly a friend, I wouldn't want to be her enemy. This is the first book in a 7 book series.

I know that I'm not the target audience so take my review with a grain of salt. I'm a 30-something mom reading a book aimed at the tween population. While reading it, I was hoping these girls would have some redeeming qualities. I liked Dionne, who's new to having money and still has her feet on the ground. The book is about over-indulged kids who's parents are too busy with their own lives to pay any attention to them. Not too much of a feel good story.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fabulous.