Michelle's Reviews > Blue Heart Blessed

Blue Heart Blessed by Susan Meissner

Dec 10, 08

bookshelves: christianfiction, forpleasure, books-you-will-find-my-name-in
Read in January, 2008

Have you ever discovered that you were dating someone you had strong feelings for and they just didn't reciprocate those intense emotions, only to discover that you were more in love with the idea of being in love than with the person you thought you were in love with? If this rings true to you, then you'll want to read Blue Heart Blessed. Susan Meissner has done it again with this book and created a masterful tale of love and loss, healing and hope, and what to do with the hole in our hearts that we all long to fill. This is such a powerful and fabulous story that it is making my list of top books for 2008!

Not only was Blue Heart Blessed deep and thought-provoking, but it also really tugs at your heart strings. The raging emotions Daisy is hammered with, and the soul-searching she experiences, will make an impression on your heart. But once you get through the storm with her you will take away from her life a valuable lesson you can apply to your own.

Written in Susan's unique style, Blue Heart Blessed is more touching than fun, but still has a chick lit feel to it. And the main character is one loveable, wacky woman who writes to herself about her troubles, then answers her own questions. Sometimes it's downright funny and other times the insight is quite profound. This book is a keeper, trust me.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Heart Blessed.

Lindsey Oooh, I want to read this! :-) I like thought-provokers.

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Dec 13, 2008 07:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle Lindsey wrote: "Oooh, I want to read this! :-) I like thought-provokers."

Michelle sez: Cool! That's why I write reviews. So readers will see why they want to read the books.

message 3: by Andi (new)

Andi Newberry ~Tubbs I received this book in a game, and have it on my TBR I'll have to move it up some. ;o)

Michelle Andie wrote: "I received this book in a game, and have it on my TBR I'll have to move it up some. ;o)"

You will love it. :)

Lisa I disagree. It wasn't too deep or thought provoking. Simply entertaining. Nice writing style, but poor character development and a bit predictable.

Lindsey I guess everyone is affected differently - I like finding out how different people feel about what they are reading. :-) Books that have made a big difference in my life have been received differently by my friends before. Glad there's so much out there to pick from!