Suuanda's Reviews > Corambis

Corambis by Sarah Monette

Jan 04, 10

Another fantastic novel by Sarah Monette. Honestly, I think I'm biased because I love her character so much that I'd read any story about them, even if the plot wasn't that good. But Monette's characters are really her strongest trait I think. Her characters are human, imperfect, damaged and hurting, but not like so many emo!wannabe characters you find in every book nowadays. Felix and Mildmay's pains and hurts are real, easy to relate to, even if it's unlikely anyone of us has had to live through so many horrors as they have.
This (unfortunately last) novel is about healing. Mildmay and Felix's relationship has always been a very difficult and troubled one, as can be expected from two persons with such dark pasts, but in this novel, they find a way to accept the past for what it is and move on.
I think this novel has a lot more dialogue than any of the previous books, and it reads maybe too easily. I mean, I was loving every bit of it, but it feels like there's not enough. Not enough at all ! It can't possibly be the last we read of Felix and Mildmay and Kay and all the other characters, right ? I pray that Monette is once again inspired to write in this wonderful universe. More more more !
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Corambis.