Emily's Reviews > The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Laura C. Schlessinger

Mar 12, 11

bookshelves: adult-lit, favorites, non-fiction, self-help
Read in January, 2010

So, I'm not always a huge fan of Dr. Laura. I don't always like to listen, because I think that the people who call in can be retarded and shallow...aside from the fact that Dr. Laura can get pretty blunt.

That said, I REALLY enjoyed this book! It is such fantastic information on how to be a better wife--reminding you to look to his needs and feelings. I felt I could also use many of the tips on how to treat your husband with my kids as well. Just lots of good info, good stories, and it's all christian based and continually reiterates the idea that couples shouldn't live together--they should be married--AND that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Good book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frenchflutebob (new)

Frenchflutebob I liked this book too. I read it a long time ago when it was mentioned in an institute marriage class. I don't remember some of the things you mentioned, so maybe I should pick it up again now that I have kids.