~~~Heather S.~~~'s Reviews > Dead and Gone

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

Jan 02, 2010

liked it
Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Absolutely love this series, need to buy it so I can reread over and over! Sookie is a strong, smartass, beautiful character that I can't get enough of and her escapades are always entertaining. Waiting to see if she's going to choose Eric, but at the end of this book, she remembers her feelings for Bill and doesn't know who her great-grandfather was speaking of when he said that vampire is a good man and he loves you, was it Bill or Eric? It could be either one, of course I'm hoping it's Eric and he will finally open up to her, which will make him show his vulnerability, not a task to be taken lightly by the all powerful sherrif. Eric showed a lot of his feelings when Sookie was describing her ordeal with the faery torturers and how she was praying that he would rescue her, he said "you're killing me" twice, which was a definite indication of how deaply he cares for her. When they were under seige by the faery enemies in the hospital, Bill said he would gladly die for her and that he always loved her, so he redeemed himself in her eyes. Plus, earlier in the book, Quinn asked her why she's harder on him than Bill and Eric, she asked him to give up his family, but never asked Eric to give up Fangtasia or Bill to give up the computer program, which was a very good point. I think she's harder on him, because she could envision a future with him, that she can't have with the vampires and that gave him more power over her heart than the other two. I'm still rooting for Quinn and I hope he still fights for her, but we'll see!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead and Gone.