Brigitte's Reviews > Martin the Warrior

Martin the Warrior by Brian Jacques

F 50x66
Jan 01, 10

bookshelves: ir-reading-books-rick-s-advisory

This book is about a mouse named Martin. He lives in a world were all "unworthy" animals are slaved to an animal overlord. Martin, like all of the other slaves hated this overlord and all of his followers. It is Martin's quest to escape his slavery with as many other animals as he can, and defeat the evil overlord. It is all up to Martin to save the slaves.
There are many external conflicts in this book. Many of them are Martin vs. the overlord or one of his followers. One of the more frequent ones is Martin vs. the fox slave keeper. The fox slave keeper is the one who is constantly challenging Martin. The fox usually whips one of Martin's friends. Or one of the many animals who, unlike Martin, are far too weak to fight back when challenged. Another one of the popular external conflicts is Martin vs. the overlord. They have conflicts for obvious reasons. One example is when the overlord must punish Martin for trying to free himself. The overlord gave Martin a huge punishment, one worse then the actual crime.
I would rate this book two stars because it was very boring to read. There was way too much description for the stupidest things. I do not want to read a page all about a leaf. I also rate it with two stars because it was hard to understand the dialog. The writer made the people speak in accents. It would take me forever to figure out what one of the animals with a Scottish accent was saying . I would not recommend this book to anyone because I did not enjoy it and I don't think anyone else will.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Martin the Warrior.

message 1: by Johny (new)

Johny The descriptions in the book are what make them good, they are not boring what so ever and the diologues are not hard to read.... im 9 and i had no probleme, so either your autistic or your being a drama queen.

message 2: by Noa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noa Leibson I agree with Johny!

Valentina Topolskaia Brian Jacques did not "write one page about a leaf". Also, your review makes me wonder how much of the book you actually read since you only mention characters and parts from the beginning... The fox slave keeper was a very minor part of the book.

Orinthia I'm with Johnny and Valentina!