Jinbin's Reviews > Invisible

Invisible by Paul Auster

Jan 24, 10

bookshelves: advisory-09-10
Read in January, 2010

I was introduced to Invisible in my English class and our class attended the book conference at 92nd St. Y. We met the author of the book,Paul Auster and he was the one who read a section of the story to us. My first impression of the book was interesting but disturbing at the same time. Invisible is divided into three parts where they are presented in first and third person point of view. It talks about the life experiences of a man named Adam Walker. The book contains various disturbing moments in which some readers might find uncomfortable. Walker discusses his encounter with Rudolf Born, his relationship with his sister and Margot. At the end of his life, he asks his friends to continue his draft of the story.

Although there are some disturbing times in the story, I would still recommend my friends to read it because the way the author writes this story is unique. I think it would make the readers question whether the relationship between Walker and his sister is appropriate. Of course, in today's society, this kind of relationship is considered sinful and inappropriate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invisible.