Shy's Reviews > Silent Boy

Silent Boy by Torey L. Hayden

Mar 23, 13

bookshelves: books-i-own, genre_nonfiction, read-in-2013
Read from March 18 to 23, 2013 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent Boy.

03/20/2013 page 148
03/23/2013 page 250
57.0% "If you get mucked just a little, they never really pay attention. There's too many big things they got to worry about. But what they don't know is that it isn't the big things that get you in the end, it's the little things. Someone whacks you once every night of your life just for being alive, that hurts a lot worse than being knocked half-dead once - Kevin"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by alhafizol (new)

alhafizol I bet this one sounds like a book that I've read. Cut by Cathy Glass. I like this kind of book. Disturbing but still you learn something from the story. =) Great choice Shy.

message 2: by Fuka-chan (new) - added it

Fuka-chan the synopsis seems promising. I'll wait for your review before deciding to read it. Haha

message 3: by Shy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shy Fuka-chan wrote: "the synopsis seems promising. I'll wait for your review before deciding to read it. Haha"
It was a non-fiction book, apparently. I didn't even notice that when I purchased it YEARS ago, haha! It sure has a gripping first chapter, but we'll see how it goes.

message 4: by Darlyn (new)

Darlyn I think I've read one, Child if I'm not mistaken. Her books are so much like Jodi Picoult.just saying ;p

message 5: by Shy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shy You're definitely right about that, Darlyn. The book reads so much like a normal fiction that it makes it hard for me to imagine that such thing truly happened. Did you end up liking Hayden's book that you've read?

message 6: by Darlyn (new)

Darlyn Of course I like her book, but in a hard way.If you know what I mean. Both writers always ALWAYS write something beyond our imagination! You know some of their books are based on true story and they were actually gone through so many research and details. I still remember how I held my breath, like literary stopped breathing, because I just couldn't believe what I've just read. Like OMG OMG OMG, is this really happening? I will find myself totally depressed afterward and it will show! Maybe people like us always have this kind of love-hate relationship with books. And my husband will totally ignore me after he knows what makes me muncung. Haha

message 7: by sh(e)reader (new)

sh(e)reader I believe this was initially released as "Murphy's Boy" and I read it years ago. I also read "One Child" by the same author and that one impacted me greatly as a teen.