Michelle's Reviews > Midnight Bayou

Midnight Bayou by Nora Roberts

Jan 01, 2010

"I love Nora Roberts. She is one of my go-to authors when I can't decide what to read or am just not in the mood to pick up something new. I find her work fun, refreshing, and just plain exhilarating, and I've read almost everything she has published. I consider myself a Nora Roberts expert.[return][return]Unfortunately, this is not one of my favorites of hers. The snappy dialogue that I've come to expect from her is lacking. I just don't care enough about any of the characters to really get into resolving the mystery. The ghost story isn't quite as vivid and horrifying as her other forays into a fantasy world. The love story portion between Lena and Declan seems lacking.[return][return]It's not a bad book in and of itself. It just isn't one of my favorites of hers. As I've mentioned in other reviews, her writing has definitely gotten sharper and better over the years. This one is still relatively early in her career, and I do think that makes quite the difference. At the time, this was probably very good, but when compared to her more current works, for me, something is missing. I am just one person, so I would still recommend Midnight Bayou to anyone who likes Nora Roberts."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Bayou.