Justin Padilla's Reviews > The Miserable Mill

The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket

M_50x66
Jan 01, 10

bookshelves: 2009-ir-books

The Miserable Mill is about these three orhans again, but this time they have found another guardian! All of their previous guardians were mysterially killed. Now they have travelled to this very ominous, and dark village. Now we can focus on Clous, he is the inventor of the group, also he is very intelligent and remembers everything that he reads. His main external conflict is the infamous Count Oloft, and he is trying to kill him and his siblings. Now his main internal conflict is that he has to constintly make inventions that WILL work or it may mean life or death.
One Text-to-Self conection that I was able to make was when I was playing a survival video game named Borderlands, I had to make my own weapons and my own inventions to help me survive in the wild, if I did'nt I would die. It's basically the same with Clous becuase their guardians are useless. He has to find a way to survive with his siblings.
I give this book 4 stars becuase there was too much talking, but there was action too. Also there was a lot of suspense as usaul, this is just an amzing series. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery, murder, and suspense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Miserable Mill.