Syd Perry's Reviews > Dexter By Design

Dexter By Design by Jeff Lindsay

Jan 07, 10

Read in January, 2010

I love the Dexter books. Thank you Melissa. Someday I will watch the TV shows. I wish I would've been paying attention when they were on CBS. Not sure I want the full blown Showtime version. Also not sure I'd recommend these books to everyone. There's a lot of bad language (sister Deb has a trash mouth) and Dexter is, after all, a serial killer so there are some gruesome, yet tastefully done, parts.

I've just finished this latest of the Dexter books. Like the leader of the A-Team used to say, I love it when a plan comes together. Jeff Lindsay rescues Dexter from inescapable situations. It's so satisfying, so fun, better than rooting for your favorite team at a ball game. I don't want to give anything away, but you can contact me and I'll give you all the details.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dexter By Design.

message 1: by John (new)

John John's Review

I love the Dexter's books and the TV show. I just read the second one on the airplane on my way to Egypt. The perfect choice for a long unconfortable flight.

message 2: by Sfennema (new)

Sfennema You do write well, Syd. - Susanna

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Smiley You HAVE to watch the series, even if it means buying the DVDs! I never knew there was a series, and I'd gush to my friends about the 1st 2 books and how great they were. Then I saw season 1 on DVD at the store. AFter watching it, I was completely hooked! Michael C. Hall plays the character of Dexter exactly as I imagined him to be. It is THE best series on television and I am so looking forward to season 5 starting this month. It's a must see, take my word for it!

message 4: by Syd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Syd Perry Hey Kim, thanks for the comment. I got seasons 1-4 of Dexter from my daughter for my birthday. I've just watched the first 4 episodes. Yes they are good, and so far follow the books. I'm looking forward to when they depart and go separate ways. Then we have Dexter, and Bizarro Dexter. I'm reading Dexter is Delicious (just started it today) and it is tasty.

message 5: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Smiley You're going to love that series! It no longer follows the book when season one wraps up. Season 2 and 3 are really really good, but season 4 tops them all. Let me know what you think, next weekend season 5 starts on Showtime and I"m counting down until it's on. Michael C. Hall is EXACTLY the way I expected Dexter to be. Once I finish my current book, I'm back to the Dexter books by Lindsay. I have the last 2 to read and I'll be caught up!