Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance's Reviews > The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

Jan 27, 13

bookshelves: challenge, happiness
Read in January, 2010 — I own a copy

What better book for me to read today, the first day of a new year, a new decade?

I’ve been waiting and waiting for this book to be published. I first heard about it when I kept getting snippets in the wonderful Google e-mail I receive every day about items of interest about happiness. I love happiness. I’m fascinated with happiness. I suppose you could say that just thinking about happiness makes me happy. So I couldn’t wait to read this book.

It was not a disappointment. I’ve been reading the author’s blog about the project on an almost daily basis, so the book felt, well, a little short. But that is okay. It was a good book. It gives readers lots of lovely ideas about how to be happier. Even if you just try one idea and it works for you, I’d say that would be worth the price of the book.

I resolve to use these ideas and try them myself. I’m going to read through the book one more time and this time I’ll write down a few notes.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Happiness Project.