Katie's Reviews > Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Jul 12, 2016

bookshelves: read-in-2010, reread

Before I read the book

Anyone else agree that after this she should write a third book about the youngest Fuentes, Luis?

-----------------------------------------------------

Yay, she is writing another book about Luis!

-----------------------------------------------------

Review Time (I like to give pointers on how I like my reviews to be read in brackets, feel free to ignore my suggestions)

Aaahhh, my Fuentes boys, could you be anymore perfect? (Yes, I am referencing Chandler). Perhaps it is a little bit formulaic, but, its a very nice formula, isn't it? (channelling Salad fingers here, aaahhh, rusty spoons). As you can see above, I am really looking forward to Chain Reaction (awesome name), and, this time it will be Luis reforming a bad girl!, nice huh?

I really loved how Alex and Brittany were in this, best couple ever, but I also thought the relationship between the brothers was amazing. Unlike Alex, Carlos wants to be a tough gang member, just like Alex was, but misses the point that Alex did it to protect him and Luis. He gets to discover what he really wants though, and it is very, very sweet (emphasis on the very's please, too lazy for italics). Epilogue is, well, EPIC!, less cheesy than the first book. My only problem is that this one isn't quite as funny as the first, ah well, can't have it every way.
101 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules of Attraction.

04/24 marked as: read

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Yes I think she should make a third book about Louis!

Katie So cute, all three brothers were great.

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Katie wrote: "So cute, all three brothers were great."

i think that they should make a movie of the book

Katie OMG! Yes! It would make an awesome movie, I for one would be in Knots laughing.

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Katie wrote: "OMG! Yes! It would make an awesome movie, I for one would be in Knots laughing. "

Me too but i'd also be crying at the part were Alex tells Brittaney to go away that he never loved her. that part broke my heart.

Katie Yeah, and if you think about, after that part, they were apart from each other longer than they were ever together.

message 7: by Alicia (new)

Alicia yeah that is true but i also think they should write a book or at least tell more about there son that they had later on in the epiloge too.

Katie Yes, his son sounds so gorgeous, just like his dad! I also think they named him really well.

message 9: by Alicia (new)

Alicia me too! Did you get my invite to become one of my freinds on goodreads?

Katie Just got it, Thanks!

message 11: by Alicia (new)

Alicia ok awesome!

message 12: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Rose Simone said that she's gonna write a third book, Luis' story.
It's been confirmed.
^__*

Katie What, where? I haven't read this yet and i am already excited.

message 14: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Rose On her Fan Discussion Group.

Leilani Lopez I do!
He deserves a book to. Do you think they will talk bout Brittney and Alex in this book?

message 16: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Rose I guess they'll be present in the third book, and Carlos and Kiara too.

Alexa she is actually. i read on her website that the third book is about luis

Arlene I just finished Rules of Attraction. So to answer your question.... YES!! I would love to read about the third brother. These books are awesome. :)

message 19: by Nika (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nika Yes i really do think she should..but from the epilogue of Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction i will have to guess tht she's going to go back to Alex and Brittany older having a kid...but hey IDK im going to read the next book no matter what

message 20: by Madochee (new)

Madochee ahhh! Omg! I loved perfect chemistry! my friend just told me about this one today and she was reading it, so jealous!!! I need to read it! I loved alex!! <3
and I so want her to write a book with their son and the girl that they talk about in the epilogue in the first book.

message 21: by Tofu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tofu I really enjoy the series and if she wrote a third one I would read it, but personally I don't think a third one is needed.

message 22: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Alicia wrote: "Katie wrote: "OMG! Yes! It would make an awesome movie, I for one would be in Knots laughing. "

i agree with you, i really hate it but it did give her time to grow up a little more.

message 23: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Alex wrote: "she is actually. i read on her website that the third book is about luis"

really???that would be great!

Tazzy i think its luis definitely

message 25: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Simone post something about Luis on her Facebook page today!!

Mahin Siddiki She is !!!
The third book is called Chain Reaction!!!
The cover is out on her site...I swooned after seeing it lol *sigs* Though Alex is the best lol ;)

Lorraine Torrens OMFG ! Theres going to be another one, love it...
If they make this a movie I think I will fly to the set & kiss the director, cause it would make my day/year :) Hehe

Chantal His name is Luis not Louis.

Amelia Bass oh yeah i heard there is going to be a moveis for the first one than for the otehr two books!!! i cant wait :) i couldnt put the first book down i wonder how om goinh to be with the other two!!!

Ester Berrios yes i agree and she actually is, it's called chain reaction. It comes out this august

Hadiyah ~It's gotta get easier, oh, easier, somehow~ I thought it was funnier than the first book :P.