Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > Another Fine Myth

Another Fine Myth by Robert Asprin

Dec 31, 2009

bookshelves: fantasy, humor

Unabridged audio.

Skeeve was a magician's apprentice, until the magician got killed that is. Unfortunately he was killed by an assassin just as he summoned a "demon".

"Demon"-that's short for "Dimensional Traveler". Things just go from bad to worse once they find that he (the Dimensional Traveler that is, the demon) is stuck in Skeeve's dimension, a real backwater. See as I said, Skeeve is just an apprentice. The "demon" (Aahv)instead of killing Skeeve explains that he is a wizard in his own dimension. You see there are thousands of dimensions, Skeeve's is Klah, this makes those who live there...Klahds, there are others, for example if you're from the dimension of Deva you're a Devil. Aahv is from Perv, this make him a Perver errr...I mean Pervect, that's it, Pervect (though there is another more, common name).

Anyway from here things start to get well, complicated...

I don't know how reading this book will effect you, for some reason my sides ached a lot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Another Fine Myth.

02/02/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie This one sounds fun.

Mike (the Paladin) I found an audio copy at our library. There are a couple of sequels... depends on how you like this one. Asprin can run hot and cold. Enjoy.

message 3: by Werner (new)

Werner Though I haven't read this book, I've read (and reviewed) the sequel, Myth Conceptions. (Usually I prefer to read series books in order, but that one was a flea market find.) Jackie, if the first book is anything like the second, I'd say it definitely IS fun! :-)

Mike (the Paladin) Sorry...oops or whatever:). Yes they're fun. Lot's of nonsense.

Sorry Derrick, I didn't follow the entire series, I just knew they were out there.