Stef's Reviews > Lover Unbound

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward

Dec 31, 09

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in November, 2009

You Jane... Me Vishous.. Forget the vine.. Use the Whip!!

**Not many spoilers..just little tidbits**

Lover Unbound is the story of the irresistible, diamond eyed warrior, Vishous. By now we all know each book revolves around a specific brother and his struggles during their long winded vampire lives. In this instalment we learn about Vishous and his life which lacks any form of love. In Lover Enshrined, we started to feel a growing tension of feelings between V and Butch. Butch might just be the only being he has met that he developed a loving bond with. It might appear that he develops the bond with someone he can never have purposefully. The sexual tension is hot and steamy and makes you have the same desires that V has for Butch. If I had my way I would have liked to seen these two ships colliding head on in the V’s toy pad, but no such luck.

Fate plays a big part in the story of Vishous. With his ability to the see the future drying up along with his mind reading, V stumbles down a bumpy, hopeless path. Through a mind blowing revelation of a prominent being in his life, everything V has known changes, as does his life purpose. One night when V is cleaning house with a lesser, out of nowhere he gets shot. Vishous, being alone without his brother warriors, gets rushed into the hospital thanks to some human who heard him getting shot. This is when V’s so called destiny gets unhinged. Bad ass human Dr. Jane Whitcomb operates on V and miraculously saves his vampire life. Things go down and change so fast for both parties. Jane gets kidnapped by order of V to his brothers. Who knew it would be strong and intelligent Jane who triggers V’s visions and mind reading back to life when she saves his life.

Like every other BDB couple, they go on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster before V and Jane bed each other. But, with V, what does it for others does not do it for him. He’s not a traditionalist between the sheets. He likes to hold the power and control over someone else’s arousal and when they can or cannot climax. From my view point.. its so freakin hot.. Let me tell ya! I can imagine this is not for everyone. People don’t like handing over that sort of trust over to someone else. But as fate has arranged, Jane and V actually seem to be the same birds of a feather. Its fascinating to watch their relationship grow and how it changes these next to impossible loner individuals.

Of course it doesn’t end there all happy go lucky. Events get complicated and upsetting beyond imagination. I have to say I don’t like the ending, but that’s just personal taste. The hot restrictive sex encounters make the book. Vishous is one hot stallion and knows how to hand it out and where to put it. Even Jane gives you a wet seat, she’s my kind of woman. By far, this is one of the most well matched couples when it comes down to intelligence, morals and sexuality. It creates a different kind of beautiful, and sets them aside from the norm of the BDB world. Loved this read buckets full.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Unbound.