Giovanna's Reviews > Angel Star

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

Aug 09, 10

bookshelves: angels, 2010, high-school, mc-teen, redemption, revenge, reviewed, romance, ya
Read in August, 2010

Sigh. I was so excited I finally got my hands on this book, so excited that I'm reluctant to give it the rating I think it deserves.

From the beginning I got the sense that I was catching a movie halfway through. It felt rushed and we just got dumped a lot of information very quickly. I also didn't feel anything, as if I was being told the story by a barely interested party. Considering this was written from the main character's point of view, I don't think I need to tell you how disconnected I felt from it.

Two thirds of the plot were too similar to twilight. How? Garreth is impossibly beautiful, he likes to race, he pays nightly visits while her clueless mother stays...clueless. However, while Twilight (and Edward) managed to absorb my attention and devotion, Garreth didn't grow on me.

I didn't exactly dislike Teagan but she didn't become dear to me either. That was probably due to the fact that she was too stereotypical for my taste.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Star.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mari Two thirds of the plot were too similar to twilight. How? Garreth is impossibly beautiful, he likes to race, he pays nightly visits while her clueless mother stays...clueless.

haha this is spot on! garreth's like edward 2.0 - dreamy parts not included. lol