Shawna's Reviews > Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed

Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed by Tracy Anne Warren

Sep 25, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance-regency, historical-romance, tracy-anne-warren, favorite-romance-series, series-byrons-of-braebourne, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, rt-book-reviews-top-pick, friends-to-lovers, 2010-reads, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-alpha‎, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, i-read-no-longer-own-sold-swapped, married-couples-married-convenience, offlimits-bf-likekidsister-jailbait, hero-cad-rake-rogue‎-scoundrel, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, animals-matter, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, heroine-i-adore, unrequited-love-crush, 4-to-5-stars, childhood-ties-friends-sweethearts, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, hh-resist-cause-im-no-good-for-you, loved-you-from-afar-or-for-years
Recommended for: Fans of historical/regency romance, sexy alpha heroes, & 'friends to lovers' theme
Read from September 22 to 23, 2010

4 ½ stars – Historical Romance

This is a really good ‘friends to marriage/lovers’ romance, but what makes it somewhat unique and refreshing is that in this, it’s the hero who’s been madly in love with the heroine, his best friend’s younger sister, in secret for years, instead of the other way around, like is so typically the case in many romances.

Adam, Earl of Gresham has been a close friend of the Byron family for years, and he’s been in love with Lady Mallory since she was a precocious girl of sixteen. But circumstances, including the fact that she was the younger sister of his best friend, Jack, their age difference, and his family’s financial ruin, kept him from claiming Mallory for his own. So he stood back and watched in agony as another man courted and became engaged to his one and only love.

Now Adam has a second chance to earn Mallory’s hand in marriage, and he won’t let anything stand in his way from winning her for himself this time, thoroughly and forever. Their friendship leads to a passionate romance and “wicked delights” in the bedroom that Mallory never imagined possible. But can Mallory give Adam the one thing he craves most of all...her heart? And when obstacles from the past resurface, will their love survive?

Adam and Mallory are great characters with realistic, complex insecurities, emotions, and human failings, and I loved them together. The close friendship, tender affection, and intense passion they shared were heartfelt and touching, and their love scenes were sensual and seriously steamy. One scene in particular that demonstrated Adam’s skills, commitment to Mallory’s pleasure, and possessive streak was yowza hot and had me fanning myself!

Adam was such a sexy, devoted alpha hero, and it was clear that he loved Mallory deeply and irrevocably. He might have been jealous, stubborn, demanding, and uncompromising at times, but it was because he adored her so desperately and was terrified of losing her.

Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed is a passionate romance with powerful emotion and a wonderful H/H whose HEA I was really invested in and rooted strongly for. 4 ½ stars!

Here’s my casting choice for Adam. (Please note that Eric Bana’s deliciously yummy chocolate brown eyes are a perfect fit for Adam’s. *grin*)

description

[image error]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I just picked this one up today.

Shawna It's good, Danielle! I think you'll like Adam. :)

Ally72 Super review, Shawna! You know how much I loved Adam and Mallory together. This was the perfect story for me to read on a rainy Saturday.

message 4: by Shawna (last edited Sep 23, 2010 03:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shawna Thanks, Ally! I really enjoyed them together, too. Adam was yummy!

message 5: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Great review, Shawna. I'm behind in this series and still need to read book #3. I must hurry now, because I'm dying to read this latest release. Oh, and Eric Bana is hawt!

Shawna Thanks, Dina! This was my second favorite of the series after Seduced By His Touch. I'm glad you approve of my Eric Bana casting choice, LOL! :)

message 7: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Oh, I love him! He was the best thing in "Troy" (the movie). Y'all can have that skinny and adulterous Brad Pitt, and I'll have Eric Bana all for myself. ;)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Loved your review, Shawna. I think I shall have to read this one soon.

message 9: by Rane (new)

Rane Wonderful Review Shawna! *adds book to list to pick up*
and if the hero reminds you of Eric Bana even better!!!

message 10: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB Wonderful review Shawna! Eric Bana is so hot in Troy

Shawna Thanks, ladies! I loved him in Troy! Although, I do love me some Brad Pitt, too, and certainly wouldn't leave him under the chariot, you know? LOL!

message 12: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB Shawna wrote: "Thanks, ladies! I loved him in Troy! Although, I do love me some Brad Pitt, too, and certainly wouldn't leave him under the chariot, you know? LOL!"

Take them both! Maybe I have read too much ménage?

Shawna Now you're talkin' Melissa! I'll take a Brad/Shawna/Eric sandwich with extra pickles, pleaze! (Oh that sounds kinda dirty, LOL!)

message 14: by Lisa Kay (new) - added it

Lisa Kay Great review, Shawna! Wonderful pics. I just found this one on in my bedroom when I was doing some spring cleaning...hummmmm...

Shawna Thanks Lisa Kay! I really like this series, especially this and Seduced By His Touch.