Katie's Reviews > Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? by Louise Rennison

Jul 21, 10

Read in October, 2009

Dear Ms Rennison,

Thank you for finally finishing the Georiga Nicholson series! You had me worried--I thought you were going for 25 or 30 Georgia books. Which might have been fine if you didn't torture me with witty Georgia and Dave the Laugh moments and then have Georgia go out with Masimo or some other brainless sex god.

And while I am grateful for the end of the series, I must say that I was disappointed with the final installment. How could you waste so much paper on Georgia waffling about Masimo? Georgia should have realized Masimo was not for her before the midpoint of the book, so the rest of the book could have been Georgia discovering and realizing that Dave the Laugh is the one for her. I love Dave, and he deserved better. (Though Dave's line at the end about him being the one who will probably end up crying was lovely and refreshing.)

Now that I've got my complaining out, I must thank you for creating Georgia. I love her, and for the new year, I will try every day to be more like her.

Sincerely,

Katie

PS Angus, Thongs, and Snogging the movie was absolute CRAP. It killed the soul of Georgia. Killed it. I hope you got a lot of money from selling the book's rights to ease your pain and suffering.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?.