Jennifer's Reviews > A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller

Dec 30, 09

bookshelves: faith, journal-reflections

** spoiler alert ** Donald Miller never fails to disappoint - you may not agree with his conclusions but you'll probably enjoy the journey he took to get to them. Anyone who studied narrative therapy in graduate school will appreciate this book's discussion of life stories and how changing your story can change your direction. And his humour comes out of nowhere!

I knew the first time I saw his name that the "Steve" that Miller refers to was "Steve Taylor" - although I'm sure this is a different Taylor than the one who sang the music I listened to in my teens. I would love to have 10 minutes with Taylor and ask him to reflect back on the songs he sang and ask if he regrets any of the positions he took - "Meltdown at Madame Toussaud's" "On the Fritz" "Whatever Happened to Sin?" and "I Blew Up the Clinic Real Good" come to mind. He was gentler and more reflective in his last album, "Squint", but that was many, many years ago and I haven't heard anything about him save his producer duties since. I would love to hear about his journey.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.