Ms. Rosas's Reviews > Reckoning

Reckoning by Kate Cary

Oct 17, 11

bookshelves: 111-in-2011, young-adult, fantasy
Read on October 16, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This review is for both Bloodline and Reckoning. While I'm not sure the premise of this book is possible given the mythology of Dracula it was still an interesting read. I enjoyed the second book much more than the first because it was more complicated and Lily was dead so she didn't annoy me with her stupidity. I understand it was a simpler time but I feel like Lily was a throwback to even simpler times. I had to keep reminding myself it was World War I and not 1819.

The characters were much more complex in the second novel as well because there wasn't as much clear cut good and evil. Mary began to see that the world isn't so black and white and grew into a complex, thinking character.

A little to racy at some points to put in a middle school library but should have no problem in a high school or public library. I find this is pretty common with a lot of vampire novels simply because of the nature of vampire myths.

Over all a good read, not something to get your brain overly active but fun and entertaining all the same.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reckoning.