Sarah's Reviews > If Angels Burn

If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl

Jan 16, 10

bookshelves: 2010, pnr
Read on January 16, 2010

I was interested in reading something with a darker theme and this book definitely fit the bill. While I did like the story, I almost felt as if the author was trying to cram too much information in...

Alexandra Keller, plastic surgeon extraordinaire, is kidnapped and compelled to work her magic on a tragically deformed Darkyn, Michael Cyprien. Here her adventure begins. Of course her and Michael immediately feel that they are soul mates (insert eye roll here) but both deny the attraction and emotion. He infects her and she attempts to cure herself.

Another interesting character in the mix is Alex's brother, John. John is a priest that is forever feeling unworthy. He is dragged into some sort of initiation into the Brethren, the cult-like organization that hunts, kills and maims Darkyn - whom they view as the scourge of the earth and cursed by God.

There were interesting parts, but much felt forced. I have the second book in the series and will begin to read it. My hope is that the author will let the story flow more freely and not try to cram so much back story and force character development as much. It was a good read, but I've read so many good books lately that I'm just not impressed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Angels Burn.