Julia's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Dec 31, 09

bookshelves: dystopian, ya, best-book-i-read-in-2009
Read in December, 2009

What could be worse than the Hunger Games? Nothing, thinks Katniss, victor of the 74th Games along with Peeta. Except every 25 years the government in the Capitol comes up with a new gruesome Quell, this time at the conclusion of Katniss and Peeeta's Victory Tour. Katniss and Peeta started a revolution last year when they were fighting their Game and it hasn’t stopped, though information about it is limited.

"In that slight motion, I see the end of hope, the beginning of the destruction of everything I hold dear in the world. I can't guess what form my punishment will take, how wide the net will be cast, but when it is finished, there will most likely be nothing left. So you would think that at this moment, I would be in utter despair. Here's what's strange. The main thing I feel is a sense of relief. That I can give up this game. That the question of whether I can succeed in this venture has been answered, even if that answer is a resounding no. That if desperate times call for desperate measures, then I am free to act as desperately as I wish." (page 75)

An exciting and thrilling novel about characters I care a great deal about. And I have to wait until August to find out what happens next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

12/29/2009 page 3