Auntee's Reviews > Make Mine Midnight

Make Mine Midnight by Annmarie McKenna

Dec 29, 09

bookshelves: 2009_reads, e-books, erotic-romance, ménage
Recommended for: Fans of erotic 'quickies'.
Read in December, 2009

Hmmm...not bad, but nothing really special about this 43 page read. Pretty hard to develop much of a story with only that amount of pages to work with, but Ms. McKenna gives it her best shot. The synopsis pretty much says it all--wallflower in high school Claire now writes erotic romances for a living. It's New Year's Eve, she's at a party at her gay friend Paul's apartment doing what she normally does--sitting out of the way "observing" and she comes up with some resolutions for the New Year to spice up her life. One of them is to "sleep with the first non-squicky, non-stalkerish, non-ew-type man to offer". It just so happens that's there's two men at the party who are very interested in seeing that resolution--and more--come true.

Former high school geeks Mason and Hunter have always desired Claire, but were too shy to do anything about it in high school. But now 10 years later, these best friends have grown out of their shyness, have buff bods, share their women, and ever since hearing from coworker Paul about his cute neighbor Claire (and putting two and two together) they don't want to waste another minute in making Claire theirs--forever. But will they change their minds about 'forever' if it means leaving Claire open to ridicule?

What you get here is a couple of pretty hot sex scenes with Claire (who gets to practice what she so far has only written about) and a couple of sweet, gorgeous guys, but not a whole lot of plot or character development. Hard to make magic with not many pages to work with, but at least you get a taste of the author's writing style. 3 1/2 stars.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Make Mine Midnight.

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Auntee!

message 2: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina I really like this author's writing, but I wish she wrote more non-ménage stories because that isn't my cuppa. Oh well, a lot of people like it and she must write what her muse tells her.

Great review as usual, Auntee, but I'm going to pass on this book. Not only because of the ménage theme, but I know what your 3-star rating means, LOL.

Auntee I think I need another 'cleansing'...:)

Rachel Great review, Auntee. You summed it up perfectly. :)

Auntee Thanks Rachel.:)