Adrienne's Reviews > Message in a Bottle

2087365
May 23, 10

bookshelves: library-loan
Read from May 17 to 23, 2010, read count: 1

Ok I've just finished this and I'm in real quandry with the rating. All the way through I had it down as a three star read, it's not so eloquent as The Notebook which, for me flowed beautifully with little product placement, and hardly any 'over explaining',nor did I feel attached to the H/h in the same way as I'd become with Noah and Allie, but I guess that's the idea isn't it? Garrett is meant to be detached and distant and troubled, he's a man whose emotions run deep, becoming conflicted and tortuous as the story weaves it's way, and Theresa is also strangely distant, but then again her life is fairly rubbish as well. Then, the last two chapters came along quietly, succinctly and smacked me between the eyes, what had previously read like a screenplay suddenly became what it should have been from the start, the story is reedeemed, and 4 stars seems the right way to go:)

If any one would like to read a review of the actual storline, I would suggest they read a couple of the reviews below which sum up the story beautifully.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Message in a Bottle.

05/19/2010 page 135
39.47% "Oh I know whats going to happen, but I love the 'story' that NS creates." 6 comments