Edna's Reviews > Forbidden Falls

Forbidden Falls by Robyn Carr

Jan 03, 10

bookshelves: 2010, contemporary-romance
Read in January, 2010

What a great book to start off the new year! It was nice that majority of the novel was focused on Noah and Ellie's lives. Book 4, I believe was the last time this happened. Most would call Noah and Ellie an odd couple just from hearing their occupations but they fit together perfectly. A great pace with their relationship as well. From the work relationship to genuine friends to something more. There was also a light banter going on between them throughout the book, a quote from Ellie to best describe it, “girls tease the boys they like.” Hah, cute! These two shared a lot wonderful scenes. And to top everything off, they had an adorable proposal that left me all smiles.

Paul and Vanni took up a small part of the book. They have a big turn of events happen in their lives and once again it seems like the fates were testing them. I have to be honest, I had a hard time with Vanni in the beginning of this story but the ending with how everything turned out nearly brought tears to my eyes.

The town people were amazing as usual. It was nice to visit old friends again...Preach and Paige, Brie, Rick, Dan, Walt and Muriel...Not a lot of Jack and Mel which surprised me especially since I consider them the center of the VR series. Jo Ellen and Nick Finch had cameos in previous books but they, particularly Jo, had a big role in Ellie's life. I'm very happy I read book 8 first before reading this one because Nate and Annie make small appearances. The mystery surrounding those pups is solved. Shelby and Luke, one of my favorite couples, were planning the next step in their relationship. I was extremely pleased at the ending scene, so sweet. Overall, yet another pleasing Virgin River novel. 4.5 stars!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Falls.

♡Karlyn P♡ Great review! I have to agree that I wasn't thrilled with Vanni in the beginning either, probably because I wouldn't have reacted the same way personally. (For me, I would have been 110% on board from the first second.) She is also my least favorite heroine/character in Virgin River, but I'll give Robyn Carr kudo's for keeping her characters behavior consistant. This is the same Vanni we met in her book, flaws and all, love her or hate her.

And the proposal was just great! I too thought the same thing. The connection between Ellie and Noah was so well done, you really felt them falling for each other.

Edna You're spot on with Vanni. It's a little unfortunate, at least for me, when she pops up though. ;)

Yes! I was ecstatic that they were heavily concentrated on in this book as well so we could see them grow. They are keeping my other couples company on my ever-growing list of favorite pairings.