Auntee's Reviews > Private Property

Private Property by Leah Braemel

May 30, 2010

bookshelves: e-books, erotic-romance, ménage, 2010_reads
Recommended for: Fans of steamy quickies
Read on May 30, 2010

Now this was a rather smutty one.:) It's about a woman (Jodi) who's working for a private security agency and dating her hunky Latino boss (Mark). Because of a series of bad boyfriends that left her heart scarred, she's decided that it's better to have a no-strings affair instead of risking heartache again, and so far that's worked for her and Mark. However, it's her birthday, and lately Mark has seemed rather pre-occupied and disinterested. Has he forgotten her birthday, or maybe he's had enough and is planning to dump her?

Jodi's about to get her answer when she's called on to test the security system of a possible new client. The new client isn't just a 'new client', he's the owner of his own security company and is planning to merge his company with Mark's company. And oh yeah, he's Mark's big (6'6", 280 lb) college buddy Sam. And Sam's part of Jodi's birthday 'surprise'. Seems that Jodi made a list of her sexual fantasies for Mark, and number six on her list of fantasies is "I'd like to have a ménage with Mark and another man we could trust." Bingo!

I won't get into all the smutty little details, except to say there's some bondage, some flogging, some video taping, some unexpected tying up of Mark while Sam and Jodi go at it, and then Mark learns his lesson about taking his feelings for Jodi for granted and he sort of has an epiphany--he really does love her! Of course Sam knew this all along, he was just trying to prove this to Mark, hoping he would get off his duff and realize it. Whatever.

There's lots of dirty talk in this one, as well as a couple of hot sex scenes, and yes, it does make for some pretty scorching reading. There were a few unintentional funny moments, especially when Sam refers to his oversized male member as "Sam junior", and I was getting just a tad annoyed when Sam kept calling Jodi "sweet pea", but for only 77 pages this was mainly a pretty steamy read and I enjoyed it. I think it mainly serves as a set-up for Sam's character, because he gets his own book in Personal Protection. I may have to check that one out. 4 stars

Warning: This book contains explicit language and sex, including oral and anal; and a pretty drawn out ménage scene that dabbles in bondage and some light flogging. Not for the faint of heart.
23 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private Property.

message 1: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Great review Auntee, I've had this on my TBR for some time, sems I may need to make some plans for it:)

message 2: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 Sounds like an interesting one, Auntee!

Auntee Oh yeah.;)